Actors / Stakeholders
"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; and each in their time plays many parts." - William Shakespeare"
- SuperRare Labs: the founding team and core developers of the SuperRare Network. Responsible for ongoing product development/operations, revenue generation, facilitating network governance and community development.
- SuperRare DAO Council: designated officers of the SuperRare DAO and accountable to the $RARE token holder community. Responsible for on-chain certification of governance votes and allocation of treasury funds via a 5-of-7 multi-signature setup. Facilitates development of and transparent voting on various network proposals.
- Artists: Verified artists who have either been approved as independent artists or invited to mint artworks in one or more SuperRare Spaces
- Space Operators: Curators/promotors/gallerists who have been elected by the community to operate a SuperRare Space.
- Community Editors: Designated community members responsible for curating Space applications prior to review by the $RARE Council and public voting in the Space Race
- $RARE Shepherds: Members of the community or SuperRare Labs responsible for ensuring community SIPs meet the necessary feasibility & implementation standards prior to an official vote by the $RARE Governance Council and token holders.
- $RARE DAO: any individual (or collection of individuals) holding $RARE curation tokens who, in total, comprise the SuperRare DAO. Responsible for voting on network parameters eligible for public governance - including Space proposals, artist onboarding criteria, network commissions/fees and the ongoing expenditure of treasury funds held by the DAO.
*Note: Officers of the $RARE Governance Council serve as independent directors who represent the interests of both token holders AND the SuperRare Network. While we expect democratic participation of token holders to regularly align with the core interests of the Network, in cases where a vote of token holders may conflict with the long-term health of the Network, Council members are expected to exercise independent judgement as necessary to promote outcomes in the best interest of all stakeholders in the SuperRare Network.